Saturday, January 06, 2007

Vizsla's





We need another dog, yes I knew it would come. Carson loves them and I miss having an animal in the house. It feels incomplete.

I thought I'd want another Ridgeback, but I think we're going to go for a Vizsla. Their similarities stop at their looks.

Ridgebacks are hound dogs described as

Aloof, Independant, Prey-driven, Aristocratic, Predatory (aloof was Chiana's middle name!)

Vizslas are a Sporting dogs, sporting dogs are described as

Companionable, Rugged, Sociable, Obedient, Athelic

Vizsla Temperament: Intelligent, obedient and easy to train (like the sound of that), gentle-mannered and affectionate, likes water.

Of course they need 45 to 60 mins a day of excersice but they are a smaller dog than Ridgebacks and I'd like to do agility with my new dog.


2 comments:

Tara said...

OK, so those pictures are ADORABLE!! It's weird though... I saw your other 2 posts on Saturday night and last night, and this one didn't show up for me until today?? Strange. But, how CUTE! I have the Dogs in Canada Annual, so if you'd like to browse???

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are beautiful dogs! And easy to train = a good thing.