Friday, September 07, 2007

Oct 1

this will be the day my Mom has one of her breasts removed. On Aug 24th we found out my Mom has breast cancer..... when did we become one of the stats. Don't know how I feel except relieved right now...

Relieved because...

1) it was found out in the very early stages

2) it could have been much worse as she hasn't had a mamogram since 1991, yes that the nineteen century LADIES go get your BOOBS squeezed in that machine.

3) she doesn't have to have radiation or chemo!

Okay I'm also Freaked out because...

1) my Mom, Carson's Nana is the ROCK... so now

2) she smokes, drinks and doesn't eat properly.

More to come I'm sure.

6 comments:

Info Goddess said...

Oh no Audrey, I'm so sorry to hear that but what luck for her after 16 years with no mammogram!?! Good God! I'm sure it will all go well. And I guess you can't force her to quit smoking but maybe she will make the decision herself...

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear it was caught early, and the treatment is uncomplicated and no radiation or chemo... I've been praying for her.

Dawn said...

Yucky news... glad she has caught it early... I'm thinking of her and you as you support her through this journey.
love ya,
Dawn

Kelli said...

Very glad it was caught early!

Heather said...

Will be thinking of you while you all deal with this.

So wonderful to have been caught now!
Take care!

Cheryl said...

((((hugs)))) to you and your family Audrey. I'm glad it was caught early and I'm sure your mom will be on the road to good health in no time.